1. Make Sure the Agency Holds Open Casting Calls: Surprisingly, not all agencies have open calls available. The best way to find this information is to check the official website for the modeling agency
2. Read All the Info & Follow Through: Again, good models follow directions. Never blindly attend a casting call. Always, always, always check the website of the modeling agency to find out how they conduct their open calls, when, during what times and note what you will need to bring.
3. Make Sure You Show Up on the Right Day During the Right Times: Each modeling agency has its casting calls on certain days of the week. If you are planning on submitting to more than one agency, you'll have to be extra organized to make sure that you go to the right casting call at the right time
4. Go Early Rather Than Being on Time: Casting calls are typically held during specific time frames and if you happen to be considering a prominent agency, you can expect a lot of people to show up. Being right on time or late will put you at the end of the line and if you don't make it into the agency's office by the time the casting is done, you'll be turned away--even though you were already there.
5. Don't Bring a Group of People With You: If you are under the age of 18, then you must have a parent/guardian with you at the time of the casting call. No exceptions. Bring only one parent (make sure to leave any babies or younger siblings at home or with a sitter).
6. Dress Wisely: Attending an open casting call is your opportunity for the agency to meet you as you are. The purpose is for them to get to know you briefly and evaluate your potential.
7. Be Prepared to Wait: I've attended casting calls where there was hardly anyone there and I was seen pretty quickly, however, that is rare. In general, expect to run into a group of people at the casting calls you attend. Since it can take a while to get through everyone, be prepared and bring a book or something simple to keep you occupied. Word to the wise: there is a difference between being "occupied" and being "distracted"
8. Have Fun: The most important tip of all...being in the office of a modeling agency is exciting so use that positive energy to show the staff a bubbly, outgoing, genuine personality. Don't be a kiss up or overwhelm them with "OMG" statements about how much you love their agency, their models, etc